brief check-in

April 28, 2010

the importance of rest and time to prepare for the week
is never so evident as it is on weeks like these, when both were SORELY lacking. i’m feeling:

◆ behind on nearly every aspect
◆ ridiculously tired
◆ scattered and disorganized
◆ inefficient

it was a rough night last night, if you can’t tell.

add that to the anxiety about some of the stressful issues coming to a head (but still hanging in the air unresolved), and i’m pretty much a mess who couldn’t write a coherent post if she tried.

so instead, i’ll just leave you with
the oldest blogging cop-out trick in the book:

puppies.

and, some links to two of my favorite bloggers who have recently posted about one of my favorite topics: multitasking and the dark and sinister side of trying to do 5 things at once.

meredith from penelope loves lists about “saving her sanity one minute at a time”. i could have used a re-read of this post at 1 AM last night (although NOT while doing other things!)

sophia from burp & slurp blogged from class (!) about . . .well, not doing that anymore.

best husband everrrrr
and now, i must sign off as tonight’s winner of the best husband ever award is picking us up some take-out sushi AND putting gas in my car. seriously? that is true love. he is the best.

6 Comments

• Reply Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle April 29, 2010 at 12:25 am

Those puppies are little fluffy cotton puff cuties! Hope you get a bit of rest and relaxation.

• Reply Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 12:50 am

what an awesome husband indeed 🙂 hope you finally get to relax and that life gets destressed for you! ((hugs))

• Reply atilla April 29, 2010 at 1:14 am

yeah for the awesome husband

• Reply Denise April 29, 2010 at 1:19 am

I thought I had mono after my bachelorette party weekend because I was so tired from being out really late and I just had a 9-5 job. I can't imagine being on call after a weekend like that. Hope you get some rest!

• Reply nicole April 29, 2010 at 2:30 am

good luck sarah! its tough….i get to start my first calls ever this summer (ob/gyn is my first rotation of 3rd year beginning in June…and we "get to" do weekends and calls), and im not sure if i can ever really be prepared for that.
    it'll look up, things always do as soon as you catch up on sleep 🙂 i know for me extended episodes of sleep deprivation makes the world seem like a terrible place, and i get very irritable and bitter. its your last month though!

• Reply sophia April 29, 2010 at 4:20 am

Aw, I hope your head clears up, and that you are in a better mood soon. I'm incredibly stressed out too, and I have my first final exam tomorrow for my hardest class this semester….But reading this and seeing your shout-out cheered me up LOTS….Thank you so much!