1. last bag standing: there she is — the very last bag of my freezer stash. i knew it was coming, but instead of being sad about it i am choosing to be thankful about how long i managed to make it last! annabel will taste her first formula [mixed with b-milk] on monday, at 7.5 months.
2. i am writing this post in the morning because for the first time in ages annabel successfully went back to sleep after waking up at 5am to eat! i wish i could say i knew some magic trick to make this happen, but last night was no different than any other. we certainly haven’t arrived, but i do think she’s getting closer to that mythical sleeping through the night thing. although now that i just typed that i’m sure she’ll be up hourly tonight.
if i could get her to consistently sleep until 6:30 or 7, i could go back to working out in the mornings . . . which i would LOVE. here’s to hoping!
3. i have made the executive decision to stop pumping during the day on 1.1.13. well, perhaps i’ll have to continue once/day for a while as my supply adjusts, but the new year will mark the start of our weaning process. i really do want to try to continue morning/night feedings for as long as possible, but from what i’ve read/heard this might be possible, at least for a while.
having this end date in mind gives me an incredible sense of peace. it means only 7-ish weeks of:
— lugging around the ol’ pump N style
— fretting at work about fitting in my pump sessions
— that PM pump before bed that for some reason is the most dreadful
— out-of-control hunger and thirst
annabel will be 9 months old [well, 4 days shy of this milestone] and i feel comfortable with 3 months of formula during the day — a mere blip in the grand scheme of things.
now i am REALLY excited for the new year!
4. i have clinic in raleigh this morning. i love this clinic, and today’s schedule is filled with patients that i know really well. i get to practice very independently, and the day tends to go very smoothly. plus, it’s a break from pipetting. YAY!
5. i just had pumpkin oatmeal for the first time this morning.
with raisins, cinnamon, and a nice dose of sunflower seed butter. it was good, but surprisingly subtle despite the orange glow! next time i’ll add even more.