1) blog ‘outage’: apparently my site went down over the weekend! i am not sure why although i think it had to do with renewing my domain name. i attempted to do it yesterday so hopefully all will be well. [if anyone ever sees that again – email me! if i ever do stop blogging i promise i would never just disappear into a puff of cybersmoke].
2) HP update! as promised, here’s report #1 — as it’s monday. we had quite a whirlwind weekend [and i was fairly busy on call] PLUS this was a short week, but i already have a few tidbits to report.
by area: [the overall month’s theme is TIME]
1) work on eliminating rushing. on one hand, i feel like this was not a very quantifiable goal — oops. on the other, i do feel like i have been fairly successful with this — at least at times. today, i was in a patient room dealing with something particularly challenging, and things were taking seemingly forever. i actually remembered to consciously channel the most calm energy i possibly could, and hopefully made the most out of that [rather long] visit.
by choosing not to rush, the entire encounter felt less harried and more effective. and i felt physically better while it was happening.
2) eliminate time sinks. CHECK! again, i need to make this one more concrete. how about: log onto facebook no more than once daily [and from my home computer, NOT phone] and peruse blogs [the few i have left in my reader!] only purposefully and not as ‘filler’.
the biggest help here was just taking the FB app off of my phone and drastically whittling down my blog roster. so far, i miss nothing. success – for week 1, anyway. although i don’t feel like i’ve uncovered any vast swathes of time. yet.
3) plan for breaks – including setting aside ~2 hrs each weekend as relaxation/me time.
meh. i had to work a lot this weekend, which meant that time was limited — even during time that was supposed to be a break. we had 2 great date nights [2!!!] so i can’t complain, but i did spend the afternoon our babysitter was here answering pages, paying bills and doing paperwork. not exactly the relaxation i had in mind . . . i think this was in part poor planning.
4) dedicate time to josh/me for US. including unplugged dinners when he is home. yes. aforementioned date nights, plus some nice dinners [although sadly he had to run right back to work after we ate tonight — sigh].
5) fill free time with worthwhile things: i just don’t feel like i HAD much free time this past week, which is understandable since i was on call. i didn’t even run this weekend, which is a rarity for me! the date nights do count for something, though, plus i finished writing overdue thank you notes AND finished the history of love [loooooved].
back later this week with a planner post . . . since it IS january and all.