i have an 11-7 shift tonight. it is hard for me to put in words how much i am NOT looking forward to it. but, in an effort to be positive, i promise to anyone who sees this that i will TRY:
– to focus on each thing as i’m doing it, and not spend all night looking at the clock
– to volunteer for procedures if the time seems right and not avoid them out of laziness/fear/attitude
– to learn something
– to smile
– to make the night a better one for someone else
– to remember that it’s better to be working in the ER than in pain in a bed
– to avoid getting norovirus.