thanksgiving is almost here . . . so why not!?
1) beautiful inspiring paper products. holiday gift season has officially begun, and i decided that was as good an excuse as any to place my first order from kikki-k, an australian stationery company. [you have to reach $150 for free international shipping, and thankfully i’m not crazy enough to do that only on myself.]
2) the ability to run. in general, but especially now.
5) passing my glucose tolerance test!! i failed the first round with annabel, but on friday i passed this one with flying colors [blood sugar of 77, 1 hr after 50g of nastiness – yeah!!]. makes the delicious slice of red velvet cake i had this evening taste even sweeter.
6) NOT having an exam to study for. because even if i failed the board exam last week, i’ll remain blissfully unaware of that fact for at least another 2 months or so. it’s SO incredibly nice not to have that hanging over my head. next project is getting my fellowship research published, but i’m not even mentally ready to think about that yet.
7) a relatively quiet call weekend. yes, i know that using the “Q” word is a death sentence in the superstitious world of medical professionals who take call. however, even if tonight and tomorrow are terrible, i can [and should!] be thankful for a good weekend. only 2 more days of call left in 2013 – tomorrow and december 31st!!