I ended up buying a Fitbit Flex — thank you for all of your helpful feedback in my previous post. I am excited to see what my activity looks like, although the sleep tracking is just going to be sad. I have always been a logger/tracker/recorder (of everything, not just fitness-related pursuits) so I think it will be a fun project.
I don’t think I will get obsessed because honestly — I don’t have time to get obsessed. And if it helps me take more walks and go to bed earlier, then GREAT.
Speaking of going to bed earlier . . . I once again am realizing that:
a) My time is truly finite
b) I absolutely do NOT have enough hours in the day to do everything I would like to do.
* train for a longer race again (this would require more time than the 30 minutes I take some days to work out)
* spend some time outside after work with A&C. (In my dream segment, I repel all mosquitos and so do both kids.)
* READ in bed for 30+ minutes every night. Maybe I could get through a book per month or something reasonable like that.
* deal with some home organization projects. Including the blasted photos that I mentioned here maybe two months ago (maybe 15 minutes of this sort of thing each night?)
* catch up on new literature for work. Ideally I’d have time for this sort of thing at work.
* have one-on-one time with each child. (I do often get some with A after C goes to bed, but it would be nice to have more.)
* enjoy a leisurely dinner (read: longer than 15 minutes) with Josh every night
* write a captivating post (ummm, more captivating than this one!) every morning
At least it’s kind of nice to fantasize about fitting a few of these elements in someday when I am no longer pumping and C learns to sleep through the night. (A few. Not all.)
And with that . . . I’m going to bed. Day 1 Fitbit review to come 🙂
Plus a few pix: