This weekend was . . . well. I think that about says it all. I didn’t do enough planning. Josh was at work for 99% of it (including late Saturday night) and I was alone. A & C were actually very good. They are amazing, wonderful children, and one of them (A) even naps like a champ. But I was lonely and antsy and felt scattered and really, just BLAHHHHH (as in the heading above).
* If Josh is on call I have to have something social planned for each day. End of story.
* I will be really grateful to have a little bit of babysitting help back on Sunday afternoons on these kinds of weekends.
* I know I sound like a broken record about this, but I am so, so tired of feeling frumpy and out of shape. I didn’t shower today and wore running shorts and I think that I felt extra down — as superficial as it may be — because I didn’t bother to wear real clothes. I think I need to a) really and truly start eating better and b) start doing a little bit more for workouts because I just really REALLY miss feeling like myself. Maybe a perfect martyr-mom wouldn’t care because yes, they are only babies once. But I do.
* I joined Instagram. Because obviously I need another online distraction.
* C is refusing to go to sleep because his one effective swaddle is in the laundry (I didn’t realize it had gotten ummm, soiled) and I think I just got a mosquito bite while sitting on the couch. Just #*$&@(. And I’m on call next week. Yes, this might be the whiniest post ever. I apologize.