I want to write nicely edited, fleshed-out posts. But those are impossible to write in the tiny block of time I have pre-run in the morning, and I’m never in much of a writing mood at night.
I think I may start writing parts of posts instead of always rushing to publish immediately. I do like the instant gratification of brain dump ->>> post, though.
1. Cameron decided he was done with nursing last week. I was initially sad, but now I’m okay. He got 6 months of all breast milk and another ~3 months of nursing (he’ll be 9 months on Thursday). He loves his bottles and admittedly so do I — so convenient and absolutely no pressure. (I can always make more!). I will miss nursing because there were some sweet and peaceful moments, but it also feels nice to be done.
This is my new favorite pic ever
2. I went to my first barre class at flybarre
two Saturdays ago. LOVE. The moves were similar to the barre3 workouts that I do online, but the intensity was much much higher. I held my own until the last abs segment and I absolutely could not keep up with that — but I have hopes that with time I will improve. I’d love to go a couple of times per month.
3. I had a wonderful weekend with both kids, despite Josh being on call. I feel like I’ve said this before, but I finally (finally?) feel like I’m settling into life here AND the whole mom-of-two gig. Both kids were great, and I’m learning to choose my battles (A wants to wear a cotton-candy pink party dress to the playground? FINE) and just relax and enjoy.
Annabel holding her own in swim class!
4. I noted previously that while eating paleo I had much less itching of mosquito bites. Well, now I have completed an n = 1 crossover trial and I really think this is a true finding! I got bitten up like crazy over the weekend (lots of time outside) and have had no itching, whereas normally I’m up all night miserably reapplying prescription-strength steroid creams. I am fascinated by this and wonder whether it’s the gluten, dairy, or ????
5. Leo Babauta launched a kickstarter campaign to back his new book. I feel like I have benefitted greatly from his writing over the years, so I contributed. This was my first kickstarter backing of anyone, but I think the idea is a great one!
6. Running went well last week —
T: 4.27 miles, 9:03/mi average
W: 4.24 miles, 9:07/mi average
T: Barre3 (30 minute rejuvenate workout)
F: 5.37 miles, 9:39/mi average
S: 8 miles (I hired a babysitter just for this run!), 9:32/mi
Total = 21.8 miles + 1 barre workout
7. Speaking of running, I’m off! It’s 5:28 am — so this post took exactly 23 minutes to write and publish. My new target time to get home is 6:15am so mornings are tight, but those endorphins last all day. WORTH IT.