(A & C are 2 3/4 and 10 months, respectively)
1) THIS IS A TOUGH STAGE. It’s an obscenely cute one, filled with smiles and laughter, and I know the memories will be precious, but it’s hard. Physically hard and cognitively hard, but mostly physically hard.
Changing. Wiping. Cleaning. Holding. Rocking. Washing. Preventing C from hurting himself (this one is constant, and a challenge). Repeat. I want a massage.
2) Everything is more fun when it’s social. I’ve noted this before, but making plans are key! This is in part because — quite honestly — it gets lonely when you’re just hangin’ with toddlers (and almost-toddlers).
3) Trying to clean up with both kids on the loose is a lose-lose scenario because the mess will accumulate faster than you can clean, and it’s absolutely infuriating.
4) BOB miles are going to be slow. Especially double-bob miles. With 2 kids 23+34 lbs. In 80 degree heat. (At least there are no hills here.)
5) Bronchiolitis sucks. A had ear infections, C has wheezing-illnesses. They are terrible. I’m less scared this time since it’s round #2, but I still can’t stand to watch my own child breathe 70 times/minute.
6) My time is SO LIMITED. OMG. Seriously, this is the first time I have sat down the entire day to just do something for me, and I’m keenly aware that my minutes are probably very limited (C never naps for very long, though A regularly does 2.5-3 hrs in the afternoon).
7) And therefore, corners have to be cut — I cannot (cannot) run, keep the house pristine, make dinner, blog, read, pay bills, journal, meditate, and make photobooks. At least, not all in one day. I am beginning to accept that, and I will own the choices I am making — such as to get takeout tonight, or to end this post now 🙂
On that note, I have been thinking about what I’d like for this blog in the new year. I continue to want to write, but because of #6, I think I am going to aim for about 2 posts weekly. Many of my favorite blogs post at that rate (some far less often!) so I hope that seems reasonable. If you blog, how often do you post? What is your favorite posting interval for blogs that you read?
There are some — like fancy that fancy this — that post once in a blue moon, and I get particularly excited when they pop up in my reader.