Just had a lovely simple weekend with my 2 muums (don’t ask, that’s just what I call them). Josh worked for most of the time, though he was able to escape for swim class today, so we can just call that a win.
I often dread the weekends where I am alone with both kids, but this one was great.
* workouts both days — barre at flybarre on Saturday (I had a babysitter come) and a run with the double Bob this AM. Essential.
* social activities both days, especially today (lovely playdate at our house)
* decent weather (it wasn’t gorgeous, but we weren’t stuck inside due to rain)
* I just sort of slowed down and didn’t stress about things
* I tried to just relax and enjoy alone time instead of wishing Josh were off/here
* I didn’t stress about the house getting all messy (which it did). It took 31 minutes to clean everything up this evening, during which Annabel watched 1.5 episodes of Daniel Tiger and I listened to a podcast on headphones (C was asleep). I often find myself fretting about the accumulating mess when it is really not as big a deal as it seems, and honestly thinking about it when both kids are up is just a waste of time because you cannot clean and safely supervise A&C. At least, I can’t.
I actually really enjoyed the time with both kids. There were only a few brief frustrating moments. I am still ready to transition to my ‘work’ role tomorrow (I always am by Monday) BUT I am also going to be in mild muum withdrawal.
I have more to say — I always have more to say! — but I think I will go up and read for a bit since the clock says it’s 9:11 pm and my body says it’s 8:11 pm. Of note, despite the time change both kids went to bed easily and on time because they had lots of outside time and I kind of manipulated the naps (A skipped hers — which she often does on weekends – and C only took one). We’ll see how that works out . . .