A’s watching Angelina Ballerina, C’s in bed. I am contemplating the next ~60 hours. It’s the weekend! Ours come in 4 varieties:
1) J – call. These make up 33%. During these weekends, I am basically on full time A&C duty for the duration. Any planned relief time requires a babysitter. These can be fun but are definitely draining.
2) S – call. These occupy 20%. These are on-call work weekends for me — I typically have to spend a few hours in the hospital each day (often something like 9 – 1pm). Josh is in charge of the kids, though I am home/present much more on these weekends than he is on the weekends he is on. (Physically present. My mind is often very much focused on work/patients, which makes sense since call is a lot of responsibility and I can get called at any time. On these weekend, I tend to be very short-fused and distracted, and I am sure not a lot of fun.)
3) BOTH OFF. Like last weekend. These occupy ~40%. THESE ARE THE BEST.
4) Vacation/special. Perhaps 7%? Every once in a while we have something more exciting going on — vacation, or like the girls’ weekend I am going on later in the month.
Anyway, this one is a #1. So as usual, I am armed with a detailed itinerary of playdates and plans.
Goals for this one:
* Wake up early to get in workouts because it will be annoying (and stressful) to try to fit it in later
* Not rush
* Really try to be present for both kids
* Stick to Whole30 except I must have a glass of wine at Josh’s surgery dinner Saturday night because, self-explanatory
* Spend lots of time outside
Good one keep it up.