We pretty much followed the plan I laid out on Friday – it kept us juuuust busy enough, but also allowed for some downtime (and a nap for me, yesterday). Perfect. After detailed self-searching and data-driven analysis (or not), I have come up with the following Summer Routines & Summer Fun lists. They are separate, because the former is all about repetition/routine and the latter more of a bucket list of things to do.
SUMMER ROUTINES // 2016
1) Sunday playdate/dinners, preferably involving bathing suits. I really love going out with a bang on Sunday nights, and since it is light fairly late, late-ish swim playdates & BBQs are just perfect. I’m trying to fill our calendar with these, and will try to include both family & friends.
2) Library outings. I want to make it to the library at least twice/month with the kids. I’m thinking Saturday afternoons.
3) Summer Reading: I am going to ramp up reading time a little and dig into some juicy novels. Preferably from the library (see above!). Suggestions welcome!
4) Friday Movie Night: I know a lot of families do this, and I think C is allllmost at the point where he could sit through a short kids movie. We will debut Finding Nemo in our living room this Friday in preparation for the sequel coming out soon.
SUMMER FUN LIST // 2016
1) Ice cream family date on a random weeknight
2) Family BBQ (host!)
3) Weekend getaway (Legoland?!)
4) First movie night @ the theater for C (worth a try anyway, will keep expectations low!)
5) Attend a kid-friendly outdoor concert (if we can find one!)
6) Water play @ South Pointe park
7) Trip to Zoo Miami
8) Make smoothies
9) Go shopping for Father’s Day w/ kids
10) Go on a boat (any boat!)
(to help me stay accountable in this heat)
M barre3 “ultimate multitasker” (40 min)
T ran 4mi on treadmill, ~9:40-10:00/mi w/ walk break in the middle
R 5 mi, 10:03/mi, 79 degrees