1. What time did you get up this morning? around 7:30. after 8 and a half hours of sleep that still didn’t feel like enough
2. Diamonds or pearls? diamonds, of course. has anyone ever referred to pearls as ‘a girls best friend?’
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? million dollar baby, because after that march madness got in the way . . .
4. What is your favorite TV show? oh god, i’m going to have to admit this — i cannot tell a lie. desperate housewives
5. What did you have for breakfast? plain yogurt with strawberries, walnuts, and kashi (a cereal). i am the breakfast gourmet.
6. What is your middle name? rachel
7. What is your favorite cuisine? i really can’t answer this. i love indian, sushi, mexican, vietmamese, italian, french, and snotty restaurant-gourmet. it just depends on my mood. i like variety.
8. What foods do you dislike? anything (candy, flavored yogurt, whatever) that is too sweet/artificial tasting. and calamari, because it feels like eating rubber bands.
9. What kind of car do you drive? a silver 2002 vw golf.
10. Favorite sandwich? peanut butter (and it has to be smucker’s) on a cinnamon raisin bagel, or lox and cream cheese and tomato on sesame
11. What characteristic do you despise? insecure people who put other people down to feel better about themselves
12. Favorite item of clothing? my new turquoise tank top or maybe my gold shoes (do shoes count?)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a holiday, where would you go? Fiji/Australia/New Zealand: my dream trip.
14. What color is your bathroom? white and yellow. it’s not very beautiful, but it’s mine, all mine. and we’re going to remodel it. someday.
15. Favorite brand of clothing? i like a lot of different brands. citizens of humanity (jeans), lucky (jeans), anthropologie (dresses), trina turk (dresses) . . . but when it comes to buying staples, i’m often all about the gap
16. Where would you like to retire? somewhere warm surrounded by lots of grandbabies
17. Favorite time of the day? the morning
18. What was your most memorable birthday? um, it’s rather sad that the first one that comes to mind is my 21st. although 24 was a hit too – i spent it at the VA (i was on my medicine rotation). woo HOO.
19. Where were you born? i think lankenau hospital, philadelphia. or that might have been my sister. i always get this confused.
20. Favorite sport to watch? duke basketball.
21. What are you wearing right now? a blue tank top and navy blue pajama pants that are striped at the very top and are sort of capri length
22. What star sign are you? taurus. but i’m on the gemini cusp . . .
23. What fabric detergent do you use? fragrance free ALL
24. Pepsi or Coke? diet dr. pepper. actually, i don’t really drink that all that much anymore. but i used to love it.
25. Are you a morning person or a night owl? definitely morning. i fall asleep in movies that go past 10 . . .
26. What is your shoe size? 5.5 or 6. usually 6, but recently 5.5 for some reason. i think people’s feet are even getting bigger.
27. Do you have any pets? no, unless you count my gold shoes
28. Any new exciting news you’d like to share with your family and
friends? i’m pregnant! oh wait, that was britney. sorry, i got confused.
29. What did you want to be when you were little? grown up.
30. What will you be doing today? going to sleep.
31. What is your favorite quality about yourself? that i’m a nice person. and i have really cute feet.
32. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? the banana ice cream with caramel and salted peanuts from lantern in chapel hill. . . ohhhh to die for. i wish i had some right now.
33. What is your favorite CD at the moment? i’m between favorites but anxiously awaiting new releases from ben folds and aimee mann.
34. Best compliment you ever got? i can’t think of one right now. i don’t mean this to be self-deprecating or modest, and i’m not saying that i don’t get compliments, i’m just drawing a blank. sorry!
35. Are you superstitious? no.
36. Favorite thing to cook/make? key lime pie or cheesecake
37. Favorite quote? i’ll get back to you on that.
38. Favorite movie? relatively recently, i loved eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and maria, full of grace. i don’t have a specific favorite . . .
39. Favorite book? the bell jar
40. Hardest lesson ever learned? don’t ever let a balance build up on your credit card
41. Something you would recommend to everyone to do at least once? try that banana concoction from the lantern. i’m serious — you won’t regret it.