so my long-ass vacation officially starts . . . NOW. i will admit that i feel a tinge of guilt for taking off such a generous amount of time (um, i’m not making a lab reappearance until january 9th . . .), but i feel justified because:
* after this year, josh will be vacation-deprived for a lonnnnnng time, so we have to milk these 6 months for all they are worth
* i work a good amount when i am there, including weekends
* my boss is way too important and busy to notice
* i want to return all refreshed and energized to kick some diabetes ass!
#3 is key.
it feels weird to have no obligations. i feel like i’m being bad. in a good way.
today’s plan: go shopping, chill. i am in charlottesville with my awesome friend vickie, who i am incredibly lucky to get to see TWICE in the same week. her only flaw is her refusal to move to durham.
and, cara, i just can’t let you down . . .
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:24 am. i think i got 9.5 hours of sleep.
2. Diamonds or pearls?? definitely diamonds.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? syriana: not really a fan.
4. What’re your favorite TV shows? scrubs, random trash ‘specials’ on vh1, desperate housewives (although i haven’t seen this season at all), grey’s anatomy (ditto)
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? nothing yet, but i cannot live without breakfast. or lunch. or dinner. or snacks between these 3. it takes a lot to maintain this kind of energy!
6. What’s your favorite cuisine? oh, too many choices! i love sushi, italian, any sort of mediterranean, lebanese, vietnamese . . .
7. What foods do you dislike? anything artificial-tasting (other than diet coke)
8. What is your favorite chip flavor? baked lays, plain.
9. What’s your favorite CD at the moment? death cab for cutie’s plans
10. What kind of car do you drive? 2002 silver volkswagen golf. i love him even though he is tempermental — not that i blame him with my driving.
11. Favorite sandwich? natural peanut butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel. not a real ‘sandwich’, but my favorite thing ever.
12. What characteristics do you despise? overconfidence, cheapness, thoughtlessness
13. What is your favorite type of clothing? i would have to go with jeans as well, if shoes don’t count. they are my uniform.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? australia! or greece/greek islands (our homeymoon destination!)
15. What color is your bathroom? uh, white? i can’t even picture it. it’s very nondescript.
16. Favorite brand of clothing? banana republic, anthropologie, gap. my favorite jeans are citizens of humanity, of which i have allowed myself one precious pair.
17. Where would you retire? i think that once we get to miami, we will never leave. too bad about those hurricanes . . .
18. Favorite time of the day? morning
19. What was your most memorable birthday? probably my 21st, but not really in a good way
20. Where were you born? philadelphia
21. Favorite sport to watch? duke basketball and also cheerleading on espn2 (brings back the high school memories . . .)
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? um, everyone. especially my sister who abandoned her blog (bait to bring you back, bec — prove me wrong!)
23. Person you expect to send it back first? um, no one.
24. What fabric detergent do you use? all ‘pure allergen free’, which now comes in these little concentrated containers. i’m a fan. and bounce dryer sheets as well.
25. Were you named after anyone? um, i don’t think so. but my parents thought they were being ‘original’ by naming me sarah. i find that hilarious.
26. Do you wish on stars? no
27. When did you last cry? when we were watching scrubs and carla agreed to marry turk!
28. Do you like your handwriting? i have to say i do. it’s very neat.
29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? yes, i expect we’d understand each other. and we’d be great running together!
30. Are you a daredevil? HELLLLLLLLLL no. i’m the opposite of one. although i get credit for trying the trapeze.
31. Do looks matter? well, yeah.
32. How do you release anger? by talking about it. by stewing in it. and by running.
34. What were your favorite toys as a child? crayons. our radio shack trs-80 ‘computer’. a typewriter. anything that belonged to my sister.
35. What class in High School was totally useless? the ones that i slept through
36. What is Your Favorite dessert? ice cream, or pumpkin pie with whipped cream. actually, whipped cream in general.
god, i love vacation.