yesterday rocked. it is amazing how much nicer sundays are when i don’t actually have to get anything done. this is because i am OFF today for day 3 of an end-of-intern-year-mini-break. yesterday’s activities included:
• a random walk on a nature trail at the chapel hill arboretum
• brunch at panzanella in carrboro, which was really nice. they had a sunny peaceful brunch atmosphere, and there were no huge throngs of people at the door despite really good food. i had eggs rarebit (poached eggs, fontina, spinach, tomato) on focaccia and josh had lemon-ricotta pancakes. they were both fresh-tasting and delicious.
• lying around and watching no fewer than 3 episodes of freaks and geeks, our latest tv obsession which is sadly about to end because it only lasted one season
normally, i don’t relax like that because i am too busy
fretting over preparing for the week ahead, which means cleaning, figuring out what to cook for dinners, shopping, and running various errands. obviously, the solution is 3 days off every weekend. i’ll just let our residency program know of my new request . . . .
• run: 5.5 miles @ 8:57/mi, 0.5% incline
• reading: none yet — but some hardcore learning to begin today. watch out!