1. getting up at 4.
2. having to eat breakfast at 4.
3. because i don’t get a chance to eat again until at least 1 pm
4. that’s freaking 9 hours!
5. meanness on rounds
6. standing up for FOUR FREAKING HOURS on rounds (yesterday, i realized i could run a marathon in the time that we do rounds every day. and sometimes i think it might be less painful.)
7. feeling like i can’t keep up with everything
8. and yet feeling like maybe it doesn’t matter because i don’t really have a good plan as to what to do for lots of things anyway
9. not being able to make even small decisions without running it by the fellow (necessary, because of #7, but i hate it)
10. going to bed and trying to fall asleep when it is still light outside
11. seeing my husband for like 5 minutes out of the whole week
you can tell i’m really looking forward to the next 30 hours.
reading: 30 minutes on ECMO (ie, keeping kids alive without using their heart OR lungs)
nap: i succumbed, but managed to keep it to 1 hour. it was the highlight of my day.
run: 9 miles, 0.5% incline, 9:03/mi.