my nerves are on high this morning and my creativity on low. hopefully this copout post won’t be TOO boring . . .
1. Do you like blue cheese dressing?
yes. i like pretty much any pungent cheese.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?
3. Do you own a gun?
for real? come on.
4. What’s your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shops?
winter: black coffee, or a cafe mocha
summer: caramel frappuccino!
5. What do you think of hot dogs?
they’re tasty, but it’s really better NOT to think about them. and i can’t remember the last time i’ve had one.
6. Favorite Christmas song?
“christmas wrappings” by the waitresses.
7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
coffee, of course.
8. Can you do push ups?
yes. i can do about 25 man pushups. pull-ups, however, are another story.
9. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
my engagement ring (wait — do you call it a wedding ring once you are married? i’m not sure!). other than that, i really don’t wear much.
10. Favorite hobbies?
sitting here writing away, running, finding new music, cooking, other foodie endeavors
11. Do you have ADHD?
no, but i may have met criteria at some point in my childhood.
12. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?
13. Middle name?
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
#1: is this post going to be too long and boring?
#2: hopefully not, because i like reading other people’s answers to things like this!
#3: aghghgh my presentation is today!!
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink
16. Current worry right now?
that the presentation i am leading today will be too short, too boring, or unsatisfactory in some other way.
17. Current hate(s)right now?
honestly, i sort of hate the rotation i’m on. don’t get me wrong, i LOVE the hours, but i don’t feel like i’m really learning enough (or being useful enough) to be spending all day in clinic.
18. Favorite place to be?
19. How did you bring in the New Year?
in miami with turducken and the usual panacea of resolutions
20. Like to travel?
yes, but i don’t necessarily like being a supertourist. i’d rather go somewhere and just see a few things and use the time to chillax, see friends, run, and eat exotic delicacies.
21. Name 3 people that will complete this?
i hate when they ask things like this. who writes these things, anyway?
22. Do you own slippers?
no. i should, though.
23. What color shirt are you wearing?
gray. it’s from a 5K i ran a year ago.
24. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor?
absolutely not. i am not into roughing it.
25. What song do you sing in the shower?
“if you like it then you should have put a ring on it . . .” i can’t help it. beyonce is just so catchy!
26. Favorite girls names?
cara and lily.
27. Favorite boys names?
i don’t have an opinion. josh gets to name any future male offspring.
28. What’s in your pocket right now?
there are no pockets in my yoga pants.
29. Last thing that made you laugh?
an extremely cute 10 year old cleft palate patient that was full of hi-jinks
30. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
i broke my thumb in 10th grade doing a back handspring into a table. that was radiographically the most impressive, but i was probably more upset about 2007’s achilles tendonitis or 2008’s mysterious hip problems, both of which caused me to miss marathons i had worked hard to train for. OUCH.
31. Do you love where you live?
yes. our apartment is not glamorous, but it is cozy and does the job. and i love the durham/chapel hill/raleigh area a lot!
32. How many TVs do you have in your house?
33. Who’s your loudest friend?
honestly, i’m probably the loudest.
34. Does someone have a crush on you?
come on, now.
35. What’s your favorite candy?
reece’s pieces. and the v-day see’s chocolates that josh and i are slowly working through.
36. Favorite sports team?
i don’t really have one. i enjoy duke basketball at times, but not this year.
37. What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
38. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today?
ack, it’s presentation day!
39. What’s your favorite holiday?
new year’s day!
40. What are your plans for tomorrow?
a half-day of work, getting lots of to-dos done in the afternoon, and a relaxing dinner out. can’t wait!
workout: 8.6 miles total (i switched friday’s speed run with yesterday’s hill run). on the TM at 0.5%:
– 3 miles @ MP (8:41/mi)
– 4 x 800m @ cruise interval pace (7:53/mi), 2 minutes jogging between each
– 3 miles @ tempo (8:19/mi).
i’m not going to lie — the last mile or so was rough! but i pulled through.
doin’ time: sorry, no new pix today. it was leftovers night!
reading: something about having this presentation looming over me has sapped my motivation to do anything else. at all.
2 things that I thought when reading this post:
1. You are strong-25 ‘man’ pushups!
I hope the presentation goes great!
hi sarah. you know i read your blog faithfully but missed the boat on the comment fest. fyi you are not my loudest friend, by a long shot!
d10: thank you!
inmytummy: i’m not that loud (although volume definitely escalates with a little wine). but i think i just have friends who tend to be quiet!
kim: thanks! i’m really not that strong. somehow pushups just aren’t so hard for mr!
jennyN: thanks darling!
aron: to be fair, i don’t usually do all 25 in a row — just 12 and then 13 🙂 as for the tv, i still get my fill of trash via the computer! but i think it makes me consciously choose to watch the trash rather than just do it ‘cuz it’s easy and available!
jess and cindy: see above reply 🙂 don’t worry, i still get my ANTM — via download!
da: genetic or environmental? hard to say . . .
atilla: yes i luuuv the reese’s. especially on vanilla TCBY!
vickie: yeah, but you have WAY louder friends than i do. and you’re hyper, but not that loud. except for sometimes 🙂
Were you a gymnast or was the handspring random?
Also, I read your follow-up post. I have a TV, but we actually have an antenna. It’s so … retro. And, I cannot do 2 man pushups. How did you learn?