trends i have noticed from looking at the log:
– stroller runs are getting gradually faster
– i skip a fair number of runs but overall i have been pretty consistent with at least 4 runs/week.
– i am extremely consistent re: cross training. as in, consistent about skipping it! oops.
2. i’m still planning on getting a GPS [likely garmin]. after i start my new job. i hate being excited about splits on mapmyrun but knowing that they’re likely inflated in my favor by at least 2-3%. yes, i suppose i can still see trends but i really like having trustworthy data.
3. i want to get faster, and i don’t even really have a race on the horizon. i’d like to find a 5K and i want to go sub-23 again [my PR is 22:53]. and then i want to get faster than that.
4. josh keeps talking about training for a marathon after we move back to miami . . . perhaps in early 2014? i’m not sure yet since i just don’t know what our lives will be like, but i’m not ruling it out, either. and i think it would be fun to train together. [of note, i know that i will have to cut way back on running when we’re ready to try for #2, but i’m really not feeling ready for that yet — just enjoying annabel and life as it is now.]
5. i have two pairs of athleta running shorts that i love – the dash shorts from last year. i went to order more, and they don’t exist anymore! i may try the stability shorts [shown below] instead, but they somehow look a little flimsier to me. has anyone tried these?
recs for shorts with a flat waistband?