1. a 13-month old may not get the nuances of the zoo, but it’s still a fun outing! [pics to come]
2. i have notebook phobia. this is defined [by me] as the fear of writing on the first page of a fresh new notebook, because:
a) the timing just doesn’t seem quite right [ie, it’s not the beginning of a new year or start of a study plan]
b) there isn’t a steady surface to write on and my handwriting might end up messy, or i might [gasp!] smear.*
3. i eat entirely too much bread/wheat. this is not to say that i am gluten intolerant, because who even knows what that means. but i recognize that the carbohydrate portion of my diet really lacks variety. something to work on.
4. i am the world’s most awkward person when someone comes up to me and tells me they read the blog. [this happened today, caught me completely off-guard, and i had no idea what to say! my apologies to the fellow pediatrician who said hi to me this afternoon!]
* this fear is not unfounded; i’m left handed. anyone else?
off to run through my presentation one more time — it’s tomorrow — and then sleep. i’m also running a random 5K in the morning. it will serve as a baseline as i hope to improve my time with training over the next 9 weeks or so.