i feel like i’m in a basketball game
and one team is ahead by a jillion points and there are 45 seconds left on the clock.
i’m just not sure which team i’m on!
[i think i felt the same way at the end of my pregnancy . . . and the end of maternity leave, for that matter. i just don’t do endings well.]
but the ending will HAPPEN, nonetheless!
1) a is entering a new phase: she seems to have learned ‘nooo’ and ‘mine’ overnight. she is still very sweet 90% of the time, but there have been some new challenges: this morning i think we both nearly had a meltdown . . . over a dirty diaper change. she’s certainly not at the age where you can reason with her yet, and the diaper changes are pretty non-negotioable, so . . . what to do?
i think it’s developmental: she suddenly has realized that her agenda may not always match mommy’s, and is asserting herself! i also think she is having a sleep transition (from 2 –> 1 nap most days) and may be more tired as a result.
[any suggestions are welcome!]
2) fresh 20. we’re entering our 3rd week, and i’m still loving it: i haven’t made a bad recipe yet, i LOOOVE the break from menu planning, and there seems to be minimal waste.
3) southern summer BBQ. josh and i spent last night making honey cornbread muffins, black-eyed pea salad, and brunswick stew, and we’re hosting a bunch of his coworkers today. hopefully it will all turn out okay.
4) further thoughts on time. yes – still thinking about it. here’s ana‘s take on the laura vanderkam article i wrote about earlier this week. and here is what i sent josh [via email] on friday:
5) great run this AM. i struggled on my interval run this week and have generally felt a little plodding [too much sugar / etc has not helped] this week. but this morning i felt fantastic and enjoyed every second of this 8-miler in the morning durham sun.
okay, time to clean up a bit before a. is up!