I just went back and looked at the posts I wrote on my 25th birthday, and my 30th. All I can say is: I’m sorry I’m so cheesy so much of the time! Especially on birthdays. Also, I’m glad I finally grew up and decided to use capital letters.
I guess there’s just something about the years going by that triggers a rush of sentimentality and gratitude. Usually delivered in some kind of list format.
So uh . . . why mess with tradition?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
1) I feel old. Well, a little old. But at the same time, I don’t find this nearly as scary or negative as it might have seemed from my 20s.
2) I still lack any sort of skincare routine. Maybe I should get on that.
3) I believe have grown up more in the past 5 years than . . .well, ever. Thank you, A&C. I love you both so much. You two are the most amazing gift.
4) Josh, you are also amazing. Hoping we will get to celebrate at least 65 more birthdays together. (Statistically unlikely, but . . . you never know!)
5) I don’t think I’ve ever had a birthday before where I don’t actually want anything, really. I mean, I wouldn’t say no to some shopping eventually, but I have nothing that I’m actively coveting of the material sort. Chalk this up to a mixture of (sorta) minimalism and preoccupation with other things (see #3).
Happy Birthday! I completely understand not wanting any material things. I just celebrated my birthday, and I also couldn’t come up with anything I wanted (sadly, debt repayments weren’t an option).
Have a fabulous birthday!! I agree that getting older isn’t as scary as I once thought, ha! I will be 33 this year. 🙂
Happy Birthday Sarah!
Happy Birthday! Hope you’re enjoying the book! I, too, am glad you started using capital letters, though I’m curious what you wrote on 25 and 30. I wish I’d known about this blog then!
Just turned 38 a few weeks back, and I gotta say I am not happy about it. I think it’s because I feel so behind my peers in my training. I didn’t want anything either. What’s a skin care routine?
Happy Birthday! And WOW!! I would love to read that book!