* Ana’s post-vacation thoughts (I especially relate to her #4 and #5)
* Laura’s no-childcare day in the life (I am exhausted just reading it)
* MMD’s discussion of fitting things you love into each each day/week/month
All — in one way or another — are about time. And how we use it. Now with my newfound FFF (Freedom From Facebook, duh) I am thinking about — well, what will I do instead?
I came up with the following list:
1) Read more. (Actual books, fiction and non. And maybe some magazines, too.)
2) Listen to more music. (Currently into Tame Impala’s latest. Also, can I just say that the entire concept of streaming services like Spotify COMPLETELY blows my mind? Perhaps that can be tomorrow’s post topic.)
3) Send emails/letters/etc to people (not just out into the ether)
4) Write more. Here, or just to myself, too.
5) Work on archiving of family memories.
6) Lie on the couch and drink wine while watching TV.
YES. I am actually putting #6 on a list of things I want to do more of. Because to me that actually sounds relaxing and nice, whereas reading a bunch of click-bait/internet rants/status updates does not.
Notably, call people or do social events is not on the list. I am not an introvert but lately I am finding myself so PEOPLED-OUT after work. I am still up for fun Thursday night dinners out once in a while and plenty of weekend socializing, but in those post-kid-bedtime evening hours, I just need to unwind — with Josh, or just by myself.