1) This weekend went so well. It was just such a great blend of family / friends / activity / everything. As noted yesterday, C began feeling better Saturday and our plans were not derailed as I had previously suspected. Today, in a nutshell:
– Kids up at 7 (yay! I am grateful for every weekend day that doesn’t start in the 6s!)
– 5mi AM run (On the treadmill for the first time in ages due to rain)
– Run 1 additional mile to swim class
– Swim class w/ both kids! A did a private 20 minute lesson and C did a 40 minute group class. They both cooperated and C appeared to basically love every second
– Walk back
– Whole Foods trip to get lunch & ingredients for playdate/dinner
– C nap / I prepped these chicken enchiladas
– Playdate/dinner – friends with 2 kids, one in A’s class and one 14-month old
– Cleanup while listening to What Should I Read Next, Anne Bogel (Modern Ms. Darcy)’s new podcast. It was pretty entertaining but I feel like such a lame (and slow!) reader when I hear about prolific readers that typically finish a book in one sitting. (!)
2) Despite being able to provide the above play-by-play, I utterly failed at LV’s Time Tracking Challenge week. But, as it is not my style to give up on these sorts of things, I’m trying again. Tomorrow.
3) A was acting “like a stinker” (our family’s terminology for just persistently inexplicably BAD). She seemed to be fine for the playdate, but at 8pm she began whining incessantly and I realized — she was super, super hot. I don’t really use thermometers (peds perspective: can’t see the point in a 3.75 year old, she’s either hot or not) — but I’m guessing we’re talking 101 or beyond. So, apparently that’s happening. Hopefully she will sleep it off tonight!