1. We are all sick. C got nebulizers all day – including at his own bday party. I hope we didn’t contaminate any guests but at least it was outside. I could not have rescheduled (had reserved park, had reserved balloon performer, plus the food!).
2. I was supposed to have a (treasured, very-planned-in-advance) me day today. Guess what? Our nanny is sick too – understandably. I am not going to beg her to come in when I don’t have work. (I did however ask if she could come on Saturday as an exchange. And since Josh is on call and the kids were invited to 2 different birthday parties, that will be helpful. But still – agh.
3. C’s party went really well and the weather was perfect. If I didn’t have laryngitis and he wasn’t wheezing, I would have said it couldn’t be better. Now I have to plan A’s — her birthday is in 6 weeks!
4. I have been doing well at Unplugged30 BUT I cheated this morning. Purely out of frustration and spite (to myself?) I got the text from our nanny and then looked at 2 blogs in bed — even though I knew it was against my “rules”. On the upside, I have no Facebook, feedly, or insta (or really any social media) on my phone so it was a very short session. In general, I have still been very compliant and I am pretty proud of my efforts & progress so far!
5. Things I was going to do today but now I won’t:
going through clothes & things (Kon-Mari-ing: a never ending process in my opinion but still one worth doing)
a run with my old Best Running Friend (this one makes me sad!! but I’m feeling too crappy to run anyway)
an annoying medical procedure (imaging because my IUD is apparently not in the right position – agh! TMI but I really don’t care)
Pix from the party!
(By the way, he isn’t actually 2 yet – actual bday is next weekend! But Josh is on call.)