1. I have been asked to do a post on my medical specialty selection. I am going to wait until I am done with call lest that color my views in a negative light. That said, I am pretty sure I picked the right specialty for my personality. Although I also think I would have been happy in a lot of other fields (i.e. non medicine).
Odds & EndsMarch 2, 2016
2. Ever since The Great Sickness of last month (which still lingers in my throat even though I want to deny it), I have had trouble waking up early. It is like an hour of time has been taken away from me. And I really needed that hour!
3. I haven’t run since Friday and it feels like forever. I am giving myself another pass today (throat still really hurts) but hoping that tomorrow I can at least put in a couple of easy miles.
4. I lost my Fitbit. The design of the Charge just failed me — twice — because it just fell off of my wrist when I was doing some child wrangling, which went unnoticed at the moment. And now it is never to be seen again. Again. I will say I miss having a step count! I liked the “credit” for running after the kids or walking to see a consult. I also liked the clock & phone call notifications. So I will probably buy another similar device. I am torn between getting another Fitbit (that CLOSES with an actual watch-like clasp, like the HR) or changing to a different brand. The latter seems logical (because I am annoyed!) but friends/people I know all have the FB and I am used to the interface.
tempting. very tempting.
5. I 100% missed the Oscars. Looking at the reports, that’s probably just fine, because the only two movies with nominations that I saw last year were The Martian and Inside Out. I don’t think we could add significant movie-watching time to our lives without sacrificing something else (books? the few TV shows we sometimes watch?), so I think that will have to be tabled until the kids are teens. Or older.