Hi! I had grand plans of posting a lot this month. Yet here we are, April 14. A brief update in list/pictorial form:
1) Annabel is 4! She had a ballet birthday party AND a family dinner PLUS a celebration at school. So many renditions of happy birthday. Maybe a little too much, but she loved it all.
Mr. C participated in the alternate basketball activity at the party
(Most of the boys in A’s class + some of the girls did, too.)
Josh and I took the day off (an official Family Policy) and brought cupcakes (Bunniecakes = my favorite) to the school.
A got a Frozen bike . . .
. . . and C got A’s old Strider bike that she never learned to ride. (And her old helmet.)
Also an antique doll that is basically her twin.
2) I have been continuing to experiment with bullet journaling techniques. Below: a habit tracker. Pretty, but I have not been all that dedicated to habits this month. I think I’m still tired from March.
3) I did however get myself a very motivating new toy: I splurged on a Garmin 235.
Included: GPS / fairly advanced running features, heart rate, steps/activity, sleep, caller ID, notifications/other widgets through the phone.
I love it so far.
(first test run)
4) The kids are growing up . . . Mr C has finally graduated from his sleep sack at age 2. He is saying many more words and short phrases now and it’s soooooo cute. His speech is far less clear/elaborate than A’s was at this age, but he is definitely getting his messages across.
5) This week I have been sleeping a lot and generally taking it a little bit easier. I have been SO TIRED in the mornings. Hence the lack of posting. I think I need to go to bed earlier. (Like 9:30)
6) Loved this post by Reading My Tea Leaves: Baby Proof: Parenthood.
Such adorable pictures! We have a family policy where Mom and Dad take off the kids birthdays too! We actually send the non-birthday sibling to daycare/summer camp that day so the birthday kid gets a day with Mom and Dad to himself. (This works because my kids both have summer birthdays).
Confession- I try to be in bed at 9:30 most nights! (I get up at 5:00 or 5:30 if I am lazy. I’ve never been able to successfully cross into the 4AM hour though).
You know what’s hilarious? In the Garmin pic, I’m looking at the watch but lusting after the pretty colorful pens in the corner. 🙂
HAHA. i love those just as much! They are Mildliners – available on Amazon 🙂
Great update! I like the family policy, may implement it this fall for L (B’s birthday is already sort of a holiday and he’s never gone to school/daycare). I often end up taking my birthday off because its on/around a long weekend and we travel but this year its mid-week and we are in town & I think I’ll take it off anyways (especially since its a MILESTONE). Having a difficult day at work on your birthday just completely sucks, I know, I know, adult, but I still think "don’t you know its my BIRTHDAY!"
Happy birthday to A! I liked that post you linked!
Oh, I am 100% the same way! I typically take my birthday off, too. This year is going to be an exception but only because it is a purely admin day AND because I will be off the entire next WEEK on a trip. I went to work on my birthday 3 weeks after returning from maternity leave from C, and it was MISERABLE and hectic and I vowed never to have a real day of work on my bday again. No shame 🙂
Hi Sarah! Long time reader here and I have a quick Q about Durham: I am looking to move to Durham from Connecticut for a job that starts in July. What apartment complex did you all live in while you were there? I prefer to live in Durham versus driving from Chapel Hill, etc.
Thanks so much 🙂 And happy birthday A!
Garmin looks AWESOME. Is it iPhone compatible?
Birthdays were never a big thing for me in my family. Still, Dylan totally noticed when we didn’t come to her school on cake day in January (they celebrate all birthdays in the same month on the same day at her school). Total Daddy fail, since there was no way I could go, nor did I even know about it. See: residency. She’s totally over it though.