It has been a lovely month.
I can’t even pinpoint what it is that made it so great. Just like any typical month, June contained a call week. There was no exciting travel (we got back from CA at the end of May). Josh was away for a weekend. Cameron was sick. There was a bedtime strike for a few days (that part did kind of suck). Work has been busy. I got eaten up by summer mosquitos.
But I look back, and really it was a happy month. Reasons? I’m not sure! We spent a lot of time outside on the weekends, often involving water of some kind (beach, pool, water play). The kids are getting older and more mature (and maybe easier). I’m feeling (very!) organized and unusually motivated to meet all kinds of goals, in part due to re-embracing GTD.
On that note, here comes a reflection back on some lists made earlier in the month . . . and some pix
From 6/1’s June Goals:
1) Enjoy purposeful mornings. — CHECK. I have been starting almost every day with my usual routine, which includes a bit of organizing, a brief meditation, often some writing, and then a workout. For me, 100% worth getting up before 5.
2) FLOSS. CHECK!! And I even got a good score on the periodontal eval that my dentist forced me to undergo after my bad dentist appointment. Whew.
3) Declutter. NOPE, not yet. But at least least it’s on a Projects List, so I feel at peace with this as a work in progress 🙂
– address productivity ideas/issues with our manager – check
– set up journal club / case conference – not yet but on list
– work on curriculum for medical student – yes making progress!
5) Get back in shape — CHECK, or at least mostly CHECK. I am still running pretty slowly these days (hot) but have been eating much better. And I have been getting in my planned workouts, for the most party, every week. Re: eating, I am actually following a slightly modified version of this, which I think is a pretty awesome concept (sort of a minimalist diet?).
Will give an update on summer routines on a later post!
For now – off to run super-early as Josh has to be at work at 6:45. (I am remembering that during residency he used to leave at 5am, though, so really this isn’t so bad!).
Thanks for the link to the No S Diet — what a great concept! I think that might be exactly what I need.
Am I the only one who thinks Cameron looks a lot like you?