1) Bedtime battles continue. AGHGHGH, out of the blue Cameron has seriously become a major challenge at night. (And he’s pretty crazy the rest of the time, too.) I am hoping that maybe camp will tire him out more!?
I am neither for nor against CIO – I think that each kid and family is different. But I think of it more as a method for babies, not 2 year olds. We had to limit/cut A’s nap around 3 — surely this isn’t already happening with C at 2 1/4?
For whatever reason, this is really really challenging and heartbreaking for me. I don’t want to end each day this way.
2) Work-related angst. I don’t usually write about these things, but why oh why are people so obsessed with how tall their (perfectly beautiful, brilliant, and healthy) children are going to be!? I actually ended up ranting and raving in my (5’8″, female) colleague’s office: WHAT have those inches actually gotten you in life that you wouldn’t have had otherwise? She couldn’t answer me.
Also I am sure that patients think perhaps that I don’t get it because I am short. They’re right! Because being not-even 5’1″ has had 0 negative impact on me. I realize that there are tougher societal pressures on boys, but not everyone can be 6′. /endrant.
3) Weekend plans.
I do not have things nearly as laid out as last weekend, but they may include:
– kids movie night (tonight)
– mall trip for Father’s Day shopping :). And possibly ear piercing for Annabel! She is asking for them . . . so why not?
– the library!
– ice cream w/ kids
– “Give Away or Keep” (Annabel’s term for Kon-Mari-ing)
OFF TO RUN.