1) As I mentioned in a prior post, I decided to hire a running coach. I selected rather randomly (for price + types of plans offered) Run Your Personal Best. The plan I am doing is $70/month. I have no idea if it is going to make me faster, but I love the idea of someone else planning out my paces + giving me assignments.
2) I remain stuck in a speed plateau. Being sick did not help nor does the fact that I have had maybe 3 TOTAL runs where the temp was 70F or below this year. (We have had a complete and total non-winter thus far — even by Miami Beach standards). Today I ran 4 miles at 9:36/mi average and it didn’t feel particularly easy.
3) I discontinued my barre3 membership because I felt like a break. I really did enjoy barre3 and felt it gave me some benefit in terms of muscle tone, but it definitely did NOT help my running. I plan on going back to it someday.
4) Or maybe I’ll try Kayla Itsines workouts this summer when I’m completely DONE with trying to run in the heat. I am not sure I am up for the torture, though.
5) I seem to have gotten back to my ‘happy weight’ after all my prior whining, so that’s nice. I think it was mostly because I was sick but I’ll take it.
6) I ran 877.8 miles in 2016 (and 847.1 mi in 2015). I guess I’m consistent if nothing else.
7) One might point out that it doesn’t matter how fast I run. But it matters to me. I really like trying to get faster and having race goals to work towards. I hope I can do it until I’m really, really old.