We are home! Arrived late Monday night after a 2+ hr flight delay. It wasn’t fun, but was still better than a similar delay we had when the kids were 1 and 3 (on the way back from a trip to North Carolina!).
But before I get ahead of myself, the rest of our trip included:
– MASSAGES at the hotel for Josh + me (the kids stayed with my parents from about 6pm Friday to 11am Sunday. It was a mini babymoon and much appreciated!). The Hotel Palomar was great – I’ve never been disappointed by a Kimpton property.
– shopping at a Japanese stationery shop!! I would love to say I stumbled on it, but I googled “Japanese stationery” and this gem came up, just 2 blocks from our hotel.
– triple dinner date with the lovely Laura and another (anon) blog friend ( + spouses) at Talula’s Daily. We had a blast! I was just a wee bit jealous of everyone’s wine pairing, but . . . next time.
– a trip to visit Josh’s college friend. Their gorgeous home and yard (and some others I saw on this trip) gave me square footage envy, something I never had before. Annabel and Cameron played amazingly well with their 10+12 year old children.
– father’s day gift giving + family BBQ
Mostly just the aforementioned flight home. Note to self: fly before noon. We didn’t get home until 10 pm (due to delays on a 4 pm flight) and it was rough! But we survived.
Yay for a great trip! Your mini babymoon sounds like it was a perfect treat.
how neat! Laura just spoke at our firm on time management. Great presentation.