Happy Monday (I think).
I was on call this past weekend, which wasn’t wonderful but wasn’t terrible. I had nearly full-time childcare, since our nanny had asked to trade two weekdays (when I was off) for this weekend, so that made things a bit easier.
Thank you all for your (awesome) name submissions! I think the two top contenders right now are Making It Work and Best of Both Worlds – both positive and descriptive enough but also catchy! This week I will be working on creating some episode outlines so stay tuned as I will likely request some submissions for Q&A segment!
– Annabel’s last summer ballet class which was a parent demo class! I was impressed with how well the 5-year-old class paid attention and followed the instructor’s movements. I think they are really learning.
– A nap yesterday afternoon that I really really needed.
– Descendents 2 watch party with A’s friends (and our friends) at their house. Cameron wasn’t so into it, but it was a nice way to spend a Saturday night.
– Getting through most of the research for a Journal Club I am giving this week, and plowing through a powerpoint on Friday (prepping the faculty for our first residency interview season. Ahhh!). I love feeling productive on these kinds of projects that tend to languish when thing are crazier on the clinical side (thankfully they weren’t last week!).
– Getting woken up at midnight and 3 am Saturday night (work). They were both legitimate calls and didn’t take too long, but I feel like I spent yesterday in a fog.
– Tripping over my own bag and falling HARD on my hip in a patient’s room yesterday. Scary. Baby bump seems thankfully unscathed.
– Rain, thunder, and humidity. And at least 2 (really 3) more months of this. At least we are close to the summer weather halfway point . . .
Workouts last week:
M – Treadmill, 3.43 mi / 40:29. 5 min run / 2 min walk segments x 6
T – Treadmill, 3.4 mi / 37:36. 12 min run / 2 walk / 12 run / 2 walk / 8 run
W – Rest
R – Ran outside (slightly insane, it was 85/’feels like’ 96 – no plans to repeat this for a while). 3.3 mi in 37:25.
F – Barre3 30 min weekly workout
S – Treadmill, 3.9 mi / 45:12. 5 min run / 2 min walk segments + a little extra running at the end.
S – Rest (“supposed” to do Barre3 but too tired)