1) First, a podcast note: Episode #13 is up — and it’s the tech episode inspired by my post about texting a couple of weeks ago. I think it’s one of the juicier ones, so check it out 🙂
BoBW is up to 40,000 downloads and we’ve maintained a consistent audience, which is great! However, I’d love to see it grow a little more, so if you have the time/inclination I would be forever grateful if you’d either write an iTunes review/leave a rating OR just pass it along to others who you think might be into our work/life mix of topics.
2) MY NEW BAGS ARRIVED! After a LOT of online shopping and deliberation and then consultation with a Leather Goods Expert (that title is unofficial but truly does apply to my dear friend Vickie), I ended up choosing a new work bag AND a small, versatile bag from Lotuff Leather. These are definitely — by far — the nicest bags I have ever owned, and perhaps the nicest things I have ever owned.
I chose this company because:
– it is small and they make everything to order
– they pride themselves on treating their employees well
– reviews state that their products age extremely well
– their stuff is gorgeous
– they are lined in leather so they stand up and don’t have that ‘slouchy’ look – I know some people like that but I wanted structure
I even went for a monogram so . . . definitely a commitment. I hope these serve me well for years to come as I anticipate!
Still need: wallet + diaper bag. But I have my eye what I want for both!
That said, I am confident in my Upholder status — and once I learned that texts do NOT mean what I necessarily thought they did had no problem starting to address them on MY agenda. Heh.
I am also:
– An overbuyer (but NOT hoarder; I love throwing things out, but when it comes to stocking up on, say, sunscreen I’m apt to buy a 6 month supply. It drives Josh crazy. I also have NO PROBLEM whatsoever blowing through my “allowance” which is why I love having one)
– A lark (morning person)
– A satisficer (vs a maximizer)
– An ESFJ!
– A Moderator (vs an abstainer)
– A sprinter (vs a marathoner) when it comes to completing projects. Within reason! I don’t leave things until a dangerous last minute time frame, but am also not prone to working on things gradually either.
I’ve never taken an Enneagram test, but I want to 🙂
Anyone match me exactly?! What other dichotomies have you found useful/interesting? I still haven’t even decided Josh’s type but I think probably Questioner. Perhaps with a streak of Rebel mixed in . . .
4) TYPES TBD