1) I am not defined by the # of ounces I can pump. I am not a lesser person because I find it challenging to feed my baby via the artificial means of a breast pump. (Nor would I be a lesser person or mother if I could not feed my baby via nursing.)
2) I am being the best mother I can be on any given day. I am not defined by my children’s behavior, grades, or accolades*.
3) I am being the best doctor I can be on any given day. I am not defined by RVUs, healthgrades ratings, or “quality metrics” (which by the way, often do not reflect quality in any real way).
4) No one actually cares about my running speed, ab definition, or lack thereof.
5) The messy areas of our home (yes, even post kon-mari) are not hurting anyone. Genevieve does not care how carefully her clothing is sorted.
6) I am not defined by the # of ounces I can pump.
7) It is okay (and encouraged) to go to bed at 8:30 pm if you are tired. This is temporary.
8) I am not defined by the # of ounces I can pump.
9) It is perfectly acceptable to watch episodes of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend** instead of reading highbrow literature if that’s what you are in the mood for.
10) I am not defined by the # of ounces I can pump.
Okay. Onward. And if not upward, then at least through.
* Though I will let it be said that I think they are turning out quite well overall in the ways that matter.
** This show, in my opinion, is as high quality and clever as many of the popular novels out there, anyway.