I know Laura has time diary data to back up the fact that women with young children (under 2, I believe?) have the least free time.
I’m pretty sure, however, that I will have more time by the time she’s 2.*
I actually had a really nice today and felt mostly rested! This is because G slept 7:15 pm – 1:15 am last night. Now, she also ate at 4:15 am (and I got up to pump at 5:15 am) but let me tell you — those early hours of sleep are gold. Also, I went to bed at 8:30 pm. Which was a smart move, and what I should be doing most nights.
(. . . not watching This Is Us until 10).
I finished 10/12 of my patient notes today, pumped 3x, called back some patients, ate 3 meals + 2 snacks**, and drank 8332 cups of mother’s milk tea.
I did zero housework. (Our nanny did a ton. Oh my god I cannot imagine surviving right now without her.)
I answered zero emails. Sorry to anyone who has written lately — I promise I will respond! Eventually.
– 23 minute yoga with Adriene
– reading while pumping? I’m trying to make this feel as relaxing as possible . . . currently reading Beartown by Fredrik Backman. I am one of the few people that didn’t love A Man Called Ove (too . . . twee or something?) but I love this one.
– writing this post in approximately 12 minutes (the first part while kids finish watching an episode of Spirit and the second just before heading to bed)
– listening to podcasts while commuting (for the record: All Songs Considered music mix from last week, NPR’s Up First, and Forever 35’s Mini-Episode)
WELL. It’s 9pm. Off to bed. I will close with a pic from A’s 6th birthday party***, which was a rip-roaring success. And with that, Kid Birthday Season is over until G turns one in December.
* Famous last words if she turns out to be a horrendous sleeper later on — please no!
** Not consumed in leisurely fashion. At all.
*** Cooking party at Real Food Academy – locals, I highly recommend!