HAPPY 1/2 YEAR BIRTHDAY G!
This feels at least somewhat momentous! Our newest family member has now been here for six months.
1) She is happier now and easier than she was just a couple of months ago. She is in that lovely sweet spot where she can entertain herself for a bit on her own BUT can’t move anywhere!
2) She’s not sitting up for very long (slumps over after a few seconds) but is getting close.
3) There are two teeth visible through the bottom gum! My earliest tooth eruptor (A was 9 months I believe; C was 7 months).
4) Nope, she’s still not sleeping through the night or even close. She passes out completely tired at around 7pm. Last night she ate at 11:30 and 3:15; Saturday night was better (one feeding at 12:30am, then 5am). She’ll probably be up soon. She often will wake around 5 or 5:30 and talk to herself contentedly for quite some, so I’ve been trying to let her do that until closer to 6:30 or 7 if she’s reasonably happy.
5) I can’t seem to care much about #4. I do not currently have plans to do any sleep training (we did minimal training with A and didn’t do anything formal w C). I know she won’t be doing this forever.
6) She finally moved to her crib at night this weekend!
7) I am not sure how much she weighs. She was 15 lb 6 oz at her 4 month visit (88%). Maybe 17-18 lb? She is not small 🙂 Her thighs are awesome. We will find out at her pediatrician visit next weekend.
8) She’s now eating some solids (actually we started around 5m). Likes: sweet potato, avocado, baby oatmeal. Dislikes: peas from a jar (but will eat them pureed and mixed with other veg).
9) She has definitely been dragged everywhere more than the other 2 from a very young age. She doesn’t seem to mind. This weekend she had approximately 15% of her naps in the crib.
10) Shockingly I still have a freezer with a bunch of milk in it. I’ve been keeping up w/ pumping. Most days I manage to produce what she eats (only 9-10 oz most days while I’m at work). I think she makes up for it with this nighttime feedings.
I stressed about this SO MUCH in the first 5 months but in the past month or so it has been easier and less of an issue. I’m not sure how long I will pump, but I’d like to keep it up at least until our family trip (early August . . . now about 8 weeks away) and then might reduce pump sessions at work after that.
It was a great weekend! Highlights included pool time, a night out at a going-away party, and a lot of good food. I’m totally behind on some work things, but I think everything will play out okay this week. (Or dare I hope).
The other 2: Annabel trying rock climbing; Cameron in his element @ the children’s museum
mother of 3 // MD // south floridian // ESFJ // upholder.
into: planners, great food, running, reading, writing, mornings, podcasting, and coffee.
Rock climbing is so great for kids! We”ve started bringing Ted (he will be four in August) to the climbing gym weekends, and we think it”s been really good for him. That combined with gymnastics is significantly improving his strength – a physio diagnosed him as being hypermobile and low muscle tone recently so getting him stronger before he starts school in 18 months is a big goal.
I actually stretched out Camilla”s breastfeeds a fair bit once she started solids. I was only working one day a fortnight from six months, and it was a short day – but to avoid pumping I would feed her first thing in the morning and then her next feed would be around 3pm – so she would have breakfast and lunch in between. I fed her up until twelve months in this fashion. I wonder if G would tolerate something like this in the near future? With how little milk she”s currently drinking I think she”d be ok with it!
I’m so sorry I totally owe you an email – your new little one is SO CUTE, I can’t believe you have three kiddos now!!! <3
aww thank you! I totally understand, I’m sure you’re busy! I hope your 3 are doing well too!!!!
She is so adorable! I love that outfit at the top. And I love, love that very short stage where they can sit up and entertain themselves but can’t actually go anywhere. I feel like this lasted only 2 days, but still. It’s a good two days!
Happy 6 months to G!! Glad that you sound more at ease as well
My youngest (of 3) is 4.5 months so I definitely relate
Happy 1/2 birthday G! Love her berry Boden rash guard – my babe has the same one 😀