We survived the first weekend out of our home. I am incredibly grateful to Josh’s parents, who have allowed us to completely disrupt their (relatively) peaceful lives. But I will also admit it is an adjustment on our end. Josh spent much of the weekend trying to clear out non-stageworthy belongings from our house, and I spent mine chasing the kids around, trying to prevent them from being too loud / too destructive / too crazy. I was . . . not that successful.
I think we need to either plan on spending most days out and about — thankfully we are in a good weather season here and this is possible, but it’s a bit of a challenge working around G’s nap.
Let’s just hope our house sells.
Things I am thankful for on this Monday morning:
1) It’s a 2-day work week (!)
2) G slept all night last night
3) I only have SIX days left to pump at work!
4) Laura sent me an advance copy of her new book (coming out in March!), Juliet’s School of Possibilities – which I can probably read in those 6 pumping days)
5) That my West Coast friends/family are safe from the fires (though the air quality issues sound incredibly stressful). To those affected by this horrific disaster — I am so sorry you are dealing with it, and hope it ends very very soon. COME ON RAIN.