Another “Mommy Day” in the books.
Josh and I decided to dedicate 4 days of our staycation to 1:1 days with each bigger kid. He had his A day and his C day earlier in the week, and I had my A day yesterday.
It was so nice. Sometimes it really is hard to get one on one time with someone even when you are in the same house! Especially when there are other more needy kids (ie babies or toddlers) competing for attention.
Annabel and I:
- took a long walk; mid-walk she made a tour video of the turtles area for G
- went shopping at Michaels & Target (masks & sanitizer galore obviously). Target shopping included her school supplies! So much fun.
- played iPad games together (mostly she showed me her 6 favorite games while I watched and then she had me rank them)
- made a cherry crisp together
- performed skincare + manicures (well, I did her nails)
- watched Princess Diaries in bed
- schemed about future trips we can take together when there is no more coronavirus
It was a great day. Today is Cameron’s day; I suspect there will be swimming, basketball, and he wants to make cupcakes. 2 more days left until it’s back to work time . . . but I’m pretty happy with how we’ve spent this week at home!
(I wanted to link to our last Mommy Day in 2019 — I believe we saw a movie + got our nails done! — but it appears to be undocumented on the blog. So sad!)