Back to School
Prior episode: Back to School Extravaganza — I had so much fun doing that one! There’s a whole discussion of vintage school supplies from the 1980s + 1990s . . .
Current back to school energy: all of the schedules, plans, and organization!
Enjoying the 2023 Hobonichi Release and jumping into the newly redesigned Full Focus:
Note: I am a Full Focus affiliate; if you’d like to use my code for 10% off, it’s SARAH10 and link is here!
Listener Tips: Reading Related
- Stephanie from A Lit Life shared a link to her spreadsheet: here
- Tiera loves the Little Inklings A Novel Companion – currently sold out, but hopefully a restock coming!
Two related questions: one about scroll alternatives, and another about what helped me break my Insta habit. The latter question is more difficult, though I took a break and when I returned it seemed to be a sea of reels which wasn’t that fun anymore, so that was good timing for me!
Scroll alternatives for me include email checks (though I’d like to do that less!), WhatsApp, text chains, DuoLingo, Wordle, reading blogs (via Feedly) and YouTube.
Matchup #1: College-bound teen with night shift work — ideas:
Matchup #2: Calendar on left, blank space on right, and not too clunky (ie, no discs)?
Here’s a screenshot of my Notes, with the notes for this very episode (yes, meta!)
Super useful things I store in there:
- all kinds of travel documents/info
- kids’ school info + health forms
- show notes + scripts for various podcast ventures
- goals, someday/maybe list, etc
That’s all for this week – whew! Next week: some great JetPens finds . . .