A day late, but I didn’t want to have a gap in my show notes pages!!
In the very last BLP of the year, I answer some questions + share some great tips sent in by listeners.
1) Goal setting in a year with a new baby – take it very easy on yourself! Those post-baby years are no joke. Keep it minimal and centered around things to help you weather the challenges ahead!
2) Planner move-In rituals – while my planner move-in is often somewhat gradual, I love sitting with my planner, any calendar resources, nice pens + washi while watching something relaxing (often planner YouTube!). This is often on a Friday night in then fall while my kids watch a movie. Yes I am that cool.
3) Ideas for blank calendar spreads + trackers in the Hobonichi planners – SO many ideas out there! Books, media, travel, quotes, ideas – anything! Hobonichi reddit (or IG) is a great place to look for inspiration.
5) Keeping track of tasks/to do items captured on the fly in multiple locations: commit to just a couple of locations! Agree the issue is too many. Think about ONE digital and ONE analog capture – perhaps you email yourself, or you use an apple notes list that you clear every day (ritual), or write analog directly into a daily planner that you process at the end of each day. The key is not the specific tool but a) having a minimal number of tools and b) having a set ritual to process these capture tools on regular intervals.
Listener Tips include:
1) Year Compass for a free goal-setting resource: here!
2) Using an app to share mental load duties with a partner (she did not share the specific app, but I love the concept! I’ve heard of people using Things or Apple Notes to do this!)
Plan to Eat: Meal planning with your own favorite recipes. Best Laid Plans listeners can get a 25% discount on a yearly subscription by signing up for a free trial at plantoeat.com/plans