GOAL PLANNER UPDATE:
I am currently using an EC Monthly to house:
- Collections lists: restaurants to try, books read, movies watched, travel I want to do this year – and I will probably add more
- Yearly goals – both a list by categories and a “23 for 2023”
- Quintile goals (currently just Q1!)
- Monthly goals
- A bit of tracking – currently minutes of screen time + books read; also monthly highlights
Eventually I will do a YouTube for this planner – promise!
Today’s ep was recorded in the middle of my call week. I discuss handling the stress, the emotional labor, and more — including the wide berth I give myself to be more flexible + forgiving during these weeks.
You may not have call, but maybe you have a big exam, or a newborn, or are dealing with a sick kid. I highly encourage you to actively give yourself PERMISSION to relax your own rules during those times.
Also: during these weeks, I do try to embrace and really notice the little moments of joy. Like singing aloud to Taylor Swift with the kids in the AM. A dessert enjoyed in 10 minutes of peace (will make a pact with myself to ignore my pager for short periods). Because even in the stressful weeks you can find little oases.
(Don’t get me wrong. There is plenty of grumpiness too. Thankfully it’s finite and Josh is generally forgiving . . .)
Deep Dive: BEST LAID PLANS ACADEMY
Why did I create BLPA? I got so many emails with questions and realized that there was no ‘curriculum’ anywhere for how to plan — there was GTD and Michael Hyatt but nothing interactive and nothing led by a woman balancing home/familiy life.
I feel like I have a great system to share with others (Nested Goals Method and much more) and I do share a lot of it on podcast, but some people really want to dive deep into their own practices and planning techniques in a deliberate step by step way — with the support of others in a structured program.
What it is:
- Seven live sessions – 12p-1p Eastern – interactive, workshop style, time for questions. I know this time does not work for everyone. Summer round will likely be 4pm Eastern and I will do an earlier morning round (9am) at some point as well. Recordings available after each session!
- Core Topics: managing inboxes and preparing to plan, annual planning, daily planning + ritual building, weekly planning and communication, monthly + seasonal planning, tracking + collections, and putting it all together
- Held every 1-2 weeks – 7 sessions over a 2-3 month span
- One-on-one 15 minute session with me — optional but highly encouraged!
- PDF Workbooks for each chapter (color and nicely designed!)
- PDF Textbooks for each chapter (same)
- Short 15 minute video lessons for each
- Sharing community with topics
- Fun chat going during the Zooms – lots of support
What it is not:
- Prescriptive to using any specific type of planner or app
- Lots of 1:1 counseling
BLPA Session #2 will run from March 28 – May 30 (Tuesdays) — I would be so excited to have you!
If you are interested in joining, join the waitlist by tomorrow at 9 AM (the waitlist does not commit you to signing up but will allow you to receive the first invite to do so). I will be sending out an email on Tuesday Feb 7th at 10 AM Eastern to everyone on the waitlist so waitlist members will have the first chance to sign up. Just like with Session #1 group size is limited. Next week if slots are not full I will post the signup link here + send out via my newsletter.
Any questions – let me know!