Life Update Episode
WHAT IS GOING WELL THIS YEAR SO FAR
- Best Laid Plans Academy – first two cohorts are complete, and I think they went really well! I learned a lot (and I think the participants did too!), and am so glad I took the plunge to develop this program.
- My running life. I haven’t had this much fun with running since something like 2009!
- Reading!! I haven’t exactly followed my plan, but I have been reading consistently — and some REALLY good books, too. (2023 books so far: HERE).
- Parenting and integrating my hybrid career. I feel like I’ve had more time with the kids, which has been a good thing. My hybrid schedule generally feels fun – I feel ready for another day of clinic when it’s a M / W / F and excited to do creative work the other days.
- Time wasted on screens has been at probably a decade low. Yay!!!
THE . . . LESS GOOD
- As I wrote about last week, I’m just struggling to figure out how to fit things in. I truly want to do more than the hours available to me. (Comments in the post and this one have some great ideas, though. I recorded this episode before posting these posts.)
- I totally have it. Maybe I just need to embrace changing up my system every quintile!?!? GAHH! I’m currently in the Sterling Ink B6 + a very pretty Moleskine notebook, and still using my Hobonichi 5 year + EC Monthly notebook. It’s working and yet I don’t really feel planner peace. I’m craving some bigger pages and spreads. As noted, I stress-ordered some stuff while on call so . . . maybe I’ll be trying some new things soon.
REMINDER: Digital Detox Mini-Course signup window closes 6/15! Link to join + info HERE.
Earth Breeze: Liquidless earth-friendly detergent sheets! Right now, listeners can subscribe to Earth Breeze and save 40%! Go to earthbreeze.com/plans to get started
Jenni Kayne: Classic, cool, and comfortable – truly luxurious pieces that last! Find your forever pieces at jennikayne.com. Listeners get 15% off your first order when you use code PLANS at checkout!
PrepDish: Healthy and strategic meal planning! I LOVE not having to create a menu every week, and the prep instructions make getting dinner on the table each night easy. We use PrepDish almost every week (the Super Fast menu)! Visit PrepDish.com/plans for your first 2 weeks, FREE.