is the cutesy name for charlottesville. all right, i get that it shortens the name and all that, but for some reason i don’t like it. maybe ’cause i’m from dham.
things i like about cville
* all the cute little boutiques, especially the stationary store
* scenery – it’s very pretty here
* historical significance (monticello and all that)
* the restaurants (especially arch’s frozen yogurt)
things i dislike about cville
* the snotty people in the boutiques
* the word cville
conversation overhead in one of these said boutiques:
snotty customer: oh my goooood, i can’t believe my mother lives in a place so devoid of cullllllture. have you ever BEEN to erie, pa!??
other snotty customer: no, but i’ve been to — snort — ALLENTOWN. that’s just as bad.
first snotty customer: oh my goooood, YESSSS. same thing!!!! i’m so happy we live in this cultural mecca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what i should have said: um, for fuck’s sake, this is CHARLOTTESVILLE. not manhattan. also, my father is the mayor of erie. and he has mob connections. and you’re so going down. mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!
what i said: nothing, of course.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
* buying a sequined top for new years — very miami-apopros
* eating arch’s pb frozen yogurt with reese’s pieces in it
* listening to fabulous unknown artists unearthed by vickie
* drinking locally-brewed absolution ale
* telling off that jerky guy at the boutique. in my mind.
and last but definitely NOT least:
* playing original doctor mario on vickie’s game boy. now i want one.