things i’ve thought about posting in the last week or so, but didn’t:
• a question about how will i continue to vent to the world without losing my medical license . . .? i mean, obviously i won’t be allowed to write about patients specifically, but what about if i’m really, really super vague and change their name (duh), sex (sometimes), age, and any medical history so that no one could ever figure out what i’m talking about? maybe i will only be allowed to blather on about myself (“scared!” “tired!” “both!”), or maybe to preserve my precious developing professional rep, i should ditch this web presence completely. but that would make me sad.
• a gushy diatribe about how i really love my newly balanced workout schedule, and how sad i will be when i don’t have time to keep it up once july comes around
• a snide reaction to the lecture we had about getting sleep during residency. um, don’t tell US, tell the people who still think it’s great to keep us awake for regular 30 hour shifts. the people who think we should be THANKFUL for an 80 hour work week. sorry, but no.
• (on a related note), a serious discussion about how i am considering getting a pre-emptive prescription for modafinil, now conveniently approved for ‘shift-work sleep disorder!’
• a lament about the true suckiness of my spring wardrobe. ugh! i need clinton and stacey.