top 5 overall clinical rotations of my med school experience — based on degree of learning, overall enjoyment, and lifestyle
5. adolescent medicine. it was never boring, and the hours were delicious, as it was for half-credit.
4. dermatology. i actually learned a lot and it was interesting and different.
3. psychiatry. again, never boring, great hours for a second year clerkship, and i loved the residents and attendings.
2. pediatrics sub-I. even while working hard, it went by so fast and i learned so much.
1. pediatric endocrinology! fabulous pretty much across the board.
bottom 5 overall clinical rotations of my med school experience — again, based on learning, overall enjoyment, and lifestyle
5. neuro (inpatient). what’s the point of localizing the stroke if there’s NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT?
4. gyn-onc. sad, poorly managed, and with horrendous hours.
3. family medicine. BOR-ING and plus i was living all alone at the beach . . . in february.
2. radiology. despite a sky-high lifestyle score, it is the most boring of any rotation, leading to its high placement on this list.
1. surgery. duh.