what’s that you say? that there is nothing good about a saturday morning that starts at 4 AM? ahh, but that’s okay. today is important. it is special. it is the beginning of a sequel entitled PICU: BACK FOR MORE!!??
this time it is going to be better. i am going to remain calm, positive, and mindful. after all, even if the hours and the lifestyle are a little crazy, it is only for 3 weeks. a mere 21 days. apparently, that’s the amount of time it takes to make or break a habit. so i will dedicate these 21 to the habits and attitudes that i just mentioned.
also, i will not forget to floss.
(and aimee?? the challenge is on! any ideas for prizes?).
workout: 45 minutes on the elliptical (5.3 ‘miles’) at resistances 9 – 12
20 minutes weights:
– pushups, 2 x 10 (my arms were super tired after ellipticating!)
– seated rows, 40 lbs, 2 x 12
– bicep curls with 12.5 lb weights, 2 x 8
– squats with ball, 10 lb weights, 2 x 12
– lateral/forward raises, 5 lb weights, 2 x 12 each side
– abs, forward crunches & bicycles, 2 x 15 of each
doin’ time: josh was an angel and made martha’s spaghetti carbonara while i got my PICU signout. he used whole wheat spaghetti, but otherwise was faithful to the recipe. to be honest it was a little rich for my tastes but fun for a once-in-a-while dinner.