love/hate

June 3, 2009

strong feelings
i have decided that i have a love/hate relationship with night float.

i love
♥ getting through a ward month without 30-hour shifts
♥ having free mornings and post-call days to get other things done
♥ feeling (mostly) awake when i’m at work on call

i hate
✘ the non-rhythmic sleep schedule
✘ the feeling of dread during a pre-call day (as in, right now, when i have to start work in 70 minutes)
✘ seeing josh every other night or less!

this got me thinking about other things i have a love/hate relationship with. i came up with:

jillian michaels!
♥ feeling like a badass after finishing her workouts
♥ the results
✘ how mean she is
✘ that she now thinks she is an endocrinologist

j. crew
♥ many of their outfits, including this skirt
♥ great prices during sales
✘ non-returnable sale items
✘ often ill-fitting and not as luxe-looking in real life

grey’s anatomy
♥ eye candy fluff
♥ completely ridiculous
✘ completely ridiculous

trashy radio
♥ bob and the showgram (what? i can’t help it.)
♥ black-eyed peas and lady gaga
✘ miley cyrus and nickelback

and now it’s off to work!

————————————————————–

6.2.09

workout: 40 minutes stationary cycling (intervals, levels 3 – 5) + 30-day shred, level 1. i don’t care what number level it is, it was still hard.

doin’ time: yum! buttermilk chicken tenders + carrot-cumin slaw. i used chicken breast tenders instead of wings/legs/thighs and whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of the white, and it still came out tasting delicious — almost like fried chicken, but without the grease factor.
served with the rest of the bella rosé

reading: 15 PREP questions while lying in bed.

flossing: NO! oops.

8 Comments

• Reply Run Sarah June 3, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Love this post! Too true about Jillian…I'm a member of a message board and a poster was saying they needed a referral to an endocrinologist because of 'what Jillian says' despite frequent lab tests at their GP's being normal!

• Reply Susan June 3, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Cute post with the love/hate.

I've always thought that singers like Miley Cyrus are so bad that they're good. Like the show The Bachelor…so bad, yet so so good.

• Reply Cindy June 4, 2009 at 12:05 am

hee hee great post. man, nickelback's on my hate list too. and ditto on jcrew–if only their stuff looked as good in person…

• Reply Alaina June 4, 2009 at 12:42 am

Thanks for the running shout-out the other day Sarah. I can't believe you thought I was running fast when I felt like I was slugging along (and started walking shortly thereafter). I'm glad you think that I could keep up with you on a run- but I've seen your splits and I'm not so sure. give me a call if you want a warm up run before some sprints though!

• Reply atilla June 4, 2009 at 4:05 am

love your blog…no hate

• Reply HangryPants June 5, 2009 at 5:16 am

haha – I am laughing at your Jillian comment. I guess I never thought about what her qualifications were. What do you think about her new book though? Have you read it or listened to her talk about it?

• Reply Sarah Hart-Unger June 5, 2009 at 5:43 pm

hangry: i haven't read it, but what i have read ABOUT it makes me cringe. however, now i kind of want to read it so that i can be more informed about others are reading (and may be thinking when they bring their kids to me as their endocrinologist in a few years!!)

• Reply HangryPants June 7, 2009 at 6:32 am

Well if you read it, share your informed views!