lyrics from the above-named andrew bird song:
replace “vinyl settee” with “call-room mattress” and this pretty much sums up my fate for the evening, i’m afraid. the CRASH is coming, and i don’t know how to avoid it! i just can’t seem to sleep during the day during this rotation, even though i know i’m going to pay for it tonight — not to mention tomorrow AM.
on the positive side, just 3 more overnights left before i get a reprieve.
the fact that i cannot sleep when i am supposed to does have one advantage: i can get a lot done. such as the crafting of these california fruit bars for hangry heather and reader sharon.
workout: 45 minutes elliptical + weights
– 2 x 12 pushups
– 2 x 12 squats with leg press machine (90 lb weight)
– 2 x 10 assisted pullups (50 lbs assist 1st set, 50 lbs assist for most of 2nd set – 60 lbs assist last few)
– 2 x 12 walking double lunges (8 lb weights)
– 2 x 12 lateral/forward raises (6 lb weights)
– 2 x 15 crunches + oblique crunches each side
reading: prep for umm . . . a little event that will be occurring tomorrow. (details to follow!)