last week at a glance: planner shotOctober 6, 2014
Planner season is approaching and I really want to do a post detailing how I use my Hobonichi Techo Cousin (hint: obsessively and extensively). Here’s a week shot without any patient data or anything unsuitable for public viewing. My dentist’s phone number is visible but I figured he’d probably appreciate the free advertising.
This is the weekly view. This big bad planner has both weekly, monthly, AND daily pages which sounds excessive but now I don’t know how to function without all 3 🙂
Tracked on it are:
* workouts (planned and then sometimes notes recorded afterwards)
* weekly tasks (sometimes they get done . . . sometimes they go to the next week)
* any “firm” time commitments — as you can see, I don’t have tons of those. Mostly it’s just regular old work, home, repeat 🙂
* call details (yes I am at the end of a call week – my last until Thanksgiving! YEAH!)
* other random notes and things I want to blog about
I already have my 2015 edition just waiting to be filled out and used like crazy. Maybe next week I’ll show you a daily page!
Weekly training rundown
Some of you have expressed interest in my 1/2 marathon training so I figured I will do a weekly report. (Also: motivating for me!)
Week 0/16 9/29 – 10/5
M: 30 minute barre3 online workout (Total Body Rev)
T: 4 miles: 1 easy, 2 T, 1 easy. Easy miles were at 9:37 and 9:50/mi; tempo miles were at 8:29 and 8:39/mi.
W: 3 miles easy (6.3 mph on treadmill) + 10 minute strength workout — pushups, shoulder presses with squats, lunges with raises, glute/hamstring pulses, plank (1 min)
F: 4 miles easy (9:48/mi)
S: Relaxed family walk/run (2.5 mi, ~10:00/mi) with Josh, who pushed this:
S: 6.2 mile “long” run. Splits 9:15 – 10:03/mi, average 9:44/mi. Done in 72 degree temps (blissfully cool!) and with a segment on the sand.
It was a good weekend.