Gretchen Rubin has inspired me (not the first time) to name a one-word theme for the year. Many great ideas were noted in the comments of her post: SPACE. SWEETER. DELIGHT. Gretchen’s own is LIGHTEN UP.
I have decided that my theme for 2016 will be PEACE.
Ways in which it could apply . . .
* Appreciating peaceful moments as they are happening, unfolding. (Walking outside. A few minutes alone with coffee. Snuggling on the couch. And many more . . .)
* Cultivating a sense of peace during meditation, or during everyday activities (running . . . driving . . . cleaning up toys)
* Aiming for peace in my relationships. I can express opinions without vitriol. Sometimes I can get a little too fired up, and to what end? I am not going to become passive, but sometimes peace is a better options.
* Achieving peace with my planner. AKA: when things do not go 100% according to plan, I will roll with them.
* Bringing a sense of peace to work. I want to be that person who makes others (patients, families, colleagues, coworkers) feel calm; the kind of person that brings a sense of “okayness” with them even in tough sitautions. Sometimes, I feel that I succeed with this, but I want to do it more.
* Feeling peace with where we are, as a family, right now. As in – I don’t need to be in a hurry to have older/bigger/less dependent children. Now is pretty beautiful, and it’s going incredibly fast.
* Attaining peace with my belongings: in the Kon-Mari sense, and also in the sense that I don’t need an excess of material goods to be happy
To anyone who knows me, please remind me of my theme (gently) if (when) I appear to be engaging in decidedly non-peaceful behaviors …
Anyone else have a theme in mind for the coming year?