- I want to build running mileage this summer to create a better endurance base, and keep up with barre 2x/week (goal at least 8 sessions this month!)
- Aim for 90% clean/healthy eating*** on weekdays. This is how I usually eat, but April was filled with travel and many treats.
MAY GOALS (aiming high in the sky!)May 2, 2016
I am at the airport. From this unusual vantage point — away from my EPIC (work) Inbox and the demands of family life — just about anything seems possible. Upon my arrival home, I will find C with a runny nose and perhaps a cranky mood post-nap, and A with energy to burn because today was a no-school day (conferences*). But right now? The (fantasy) world is my oyster.
So here we go with some rather lofty goals for May**.
1) [WORK] Present ideas inspired at conference (emphasis on office efficiency and ways I believe we could help our practice improve)
2) [FAMILY] Plan out travel for the rest of the year.
Ideas: 4th of July in PHL, possible Austin trip, low-key family trip
3) [WORK] Schedule biweekly case-conference/J Club, and volunteer to do #1! We don’t currently have any formal time set aside for this, and revisiting my fellowship colleagues made me realize how much I miss it. And how helpful it can be!
4) [PRACTICAL] Financial organization tasks
5) [PERSONAL] Reading. I want to reread Getting Things Done (someone inspired me at the conference to do this) and read 1 novel.
6) [PERSONAL] Health
7) [WORK]: Create master list of current projects, upcoming projects, and “would like to do” projects. With upcoming residency responsibilities, I need to be organized. I also need to determine what is feasible.
8) [PERSONAL]: Daily rituals —> blog/journal, meditate, floss
9) [PERSONAL/FAMILY]: Enjoy down time purposefully and purely. Avoid “double-devicing”: i.e. Instagram-while-watching-Netflix-and-texting. I mean, come on.
10) [FAMILY]: Attention and listening – work on both of these things w/ A&C AND J. Work towards spending some focused one-on-one time with each every day.
There you go. Might as well aim high at 30,000 feet, right?
* Which I missed, so Josh went
** My favorite month, because it contains the trifecta of a) Mother’s Day b) my birthday and c) our anniversary. And for the first time since becoming a mother (and due to some calendar luck) — I can say that Josh and I are both off for ALL THREE!
*** No specific eating style or anything, not low carb, not paleo. Just less snack-y and/or sugary things.